If the two way stacked antenna is mounted on a two story building roof, then typical 2.5km+ can be achieved. If it's mounted on a commercial tower, then 4km+. We can give more accurate predictions on range using satellite elevation data like this RF Coverage Plot at our Facebook page.
For the small station, not too small, like a large town, this transmitter is perfect. With 1W clean stereo and legal output. It also has built in audio processing and limiting, so you don't need to provide this separately and this will save you a fortune. Install the antenna then just plug in and go. More info on the 1W Transmitter
As an optional extra this transmitter is available with dynamic and programable RDS fitted. If you want RDS option please (rds-upgrade) ADD TO CART
|1||1W FM Stereo Transmitter with Audio Processing|
|1||LMR400 20m / 66ft Cable|
|2||Standard FM VHF Dipole|
|1||RF Splitter Boxes|
Using the 1W transmitter with this antenna and 20m of cable produces a radiated power in excess of 2W EIRP, it's that easy. This antenna is broadband and will operate with an SWR or 1.5 or less between 87.5 and 108 MHz. More info on the 2 Way Stacked Dipole
This package uses 66ft / 20mt of LMR400 antenna cable. The loss on this cable and plus the antenna gain actually results in an EIRP of over 2 watts.
The FM signal starts in the internal Veronica PLL which produces the super low noise and highly stable FM signal. You can find more info on this at in our 1W Exciter (PLL driver). Then the internal stereo coder and audio processor boards provide a loud and crisp audio signal on the listeners radio. If your more of an expert, you can if you want use an external processor such as Orban, Inovonics or PC generated MPX/RDS, the limiter and stereo coder we supply can be completely disabled.
We hereby declare that this equipment complies with;
• ETS 300384 European Telecommunications Harmonised Standard when used with an audio compressor limiter supplied and tested by Aareff
• EN 301489-11 V1.3.1 (2006-05) EMC Electromagnetic Compatibility when used with 1 meter AC mains cord supplied. If the installation engineer needs to extend this cord, this and the audio input cable should be no more than 3 meters in length to remain in compliance with EMC directive.
• 2006/95/EC Directive (2006-12) LVD Low Voltage Directive.
Equipment compliance is possible using equipment from and in conjunction from other manufacturers, but since this is beyond the control of Aareff Systems, Aareff Systems cannot or be expected to guarantee compliance in this situation.
The following list are the FCC technical requirements for FM broadcasting. We confirm and verify that this transmitter complies with the technical requirements.
47 CFR Chapter I Federal Communications Commission sections:
• 73.1560, 2.1046 RF Power
• 73.1545, 2.1055 Frequency Stability
• 73.317, 2.1049 (e)(3) Emission Limitation, Emission Mask
• 73.317, 2.1057, 2.1051 Emission Limits, Spurious Emissions at Antenna Terminal
• 73.317, 2.1057, 2.1053 Emission Limits, Field Strength of Spurious Emissions
This graph is based on average customer reports in some directions. Basically this shows the typical ranges really ever recorded. Most of the reports were radio station listeners that phoned, texted, WhatsApp etc. into the radio station programs operated by our customers. Range is very difficult to predict as there are many factors that effect it. More info on FM Transmission Range
CUSTOMERS BLOG ABOUT CONTACT TECH TERMS
©2023 Aareff Systems