Distance is difficult to predict as there are many factors that control it. Reports vary on the transmission distance of 20W EIRP range, customer reports claim between 10 and 15km. Range is largely dependent on if the antenna is 1. on a pole on the top of a building roof or 2. more professionally installed on the side of a large tower. More on FM Transmission Range
The crisp clear FM signal starts in this unit which provides 20W super clean output in stereo with audio processing and limiting. For a small, but with a need to be quite powerful radio service, a big town for example, this transmitter is just the ticket with everything required included. More info on the 20W Transmitter
As an optional extra this transmitter is available with dynamic and programable RDS fitted. If you want RDS option please (rds-upgrade) ADD TO CART
|1||20W FM Stereo Transmitter with Audio Processing|
|1||Standard FM VHF Dipole with 12m of cable|
0dB means there is no antenna gain, but also, there is no antenna loss. A single dipole and 12mt / 40ft of RG58/CU together produces unity gain or 0dB, this means a 20W transmitter connected to this antenna and cable will produce exactly 20W EIRP radiated from the antenna. More info on the Dipole Antenna
The FM signal starts in the internal Veronica PLL which produces the super low noise and highly stable FM signal. You can find more info on this at in our 1W Exciter (PLL driver). Then the internal stereo coder and audio processor boards provide a loud and crisp audio signal on the listeners radio. If your more of an expert, you can if you want use an external processor such as Orban, Inovonics or PC generated MPX/RDS, the limiter and stereo coder we supply can be completely disabled.
We hereby declare that this equipment complies with;
• ETS 300384 European Telecommunications Harmonised Standard when used with an audio compressor limiter supplied and tested by Aareff
• EN 301489-11 V1.3.1 (2006-05) EMC Electromagnetic Compatibility when used with 1 meter AC mains cord supplied. If the installation engineer needs to extend this cord, this and the audio input cable should be no more than 3 meters in length to remain in compliance with EMC directive.
• 2006/95/EC Directive (2006-12) LVD Low Voltage Directive.
Equipment compliance is possible using equipment from and in conjunction from other manufacturers, but since this is beyond the control of Aareff Systems, Aareff Systems cannot or be expected to guarantee compliance in this situation.
The following list are the FCC technical requirements for FM broadcasting. We confirm and verify that this transmitter complies with the technical requirements.
47 CFR Chapter I Federal Communications Commission sections:
• 73.1560, 2.1046 RF Power
• 73.1545, 2.1055 Frequency Stability
• 73.317, 2.1049 (e)(3) Emission Limitation, Emission Mask
• 73.317, 2.1057, 2.1051 Emission Limits, Spurious Emissions at Antenna Terminal
• 73.317, 2.1057, 2.1053 Emission Limits, Field Strength of Spurious Emissions
This graph is based on average customer reports in some directions. Basically this shows the typical ranges really ever recorded. Most of the reports were radio station listeners that phoned, texted, WhatsApp etc. into the radio station programs operated by our customers. Range is very difficult to predict as there are many factors that effect it. More info on FM Transmission Range
CUSTOMERS BLOG ABOUT CONTACT TECH TERMS
©2023 Aareff Systems