Reports vary on 500W EIRP range, some customers claim up to 73km, others 49km. It's largely dependent on if the two way stacked antenna is 1. on a pole on the top of a building roof or 2. more professionally installed on the side of a large tower. More on FM Transmission Range
The crisp clear FM signal starts in this unit which provides 250W super clean output in stereo with audio processing and limiting. For a small, but with a need to be quite powerful radio service, a big town for example, this transmitter is just the ticket with everything required included. More info on the 250W Transmitter
As an optional extra this transmitter is available with dynamic and programable RDS fitted. If you want RDS option please (rds-upgrade) ADD TO CART
|1||250W FM Stereo Transmitter with Audio Processing|
|1||LMR400 20m / 66ft Cable|
|2||Standard FM VHF Dipole|
|1||RF Splitter Boxes|
The 2 way stacked dipole will provide nearly double the radiated power over a single dipole without any increase in transmitter power. This antenna also covers 88 to 108 MHz without a retune. The 250W transmitter combined with this antenna and 20m of cable produces a radiated output of well over 500W EIRP. More info on the 2 Way Stacked Dipole
This package uses 66ft / 20mt of LMR400 antenna cable. The loss on this cable and plus the antenna gain actually results in an EIRP of over 500 watts.
The FM signal starts in the internal Veronica PLL which produces the super low noise and highly stable FM signal. You can find more info on this at in our 1W Exciter (PLL driver). Then the internal stereo coder and audio processor boards provide a loud and crisp audio signal on the listeners radio. If your more of an expert, you can if you want use an external processor such as Orban, Inovonics or PC generated MPX/RDS, the limiter and stereo coder we supply can be completely disabled.
We hereby declare that this equipment complies with;
• ETS 300384 European Telecommunications Harmonised Standard when used with an audio compressor limiter supplied and tested by Aareff
• EN 301489-11 V1.3.1 (2006-05) EMC Electromagnetic Compatibility when used with 1 meter AC mains cord supplied. If the installation engineer needs to extend this cord, this and the audio input cable should be no more than 3 meters in length to remain in compliance with EMC directive.
• 2006/95/EC Directive (2006-12) LVD Low Voltage Directive.
Equipment compliance is possible using equipment from and in conjunction from other manufacturers, but since this is beyond the control of Aareff Systems, Aareff Systems cannot or be expected to guarantee compliance in this situation.
The following list are the FCC technical requirements for FM broadcasting. We confirm and verify that this transmitter complies with the technical requirements.
47 CFR Chapter I Federal Communications Commission sections:
• 73.1560, 2.1046 RF Power
• 73.1545, 2.1055 Frequency Stability
• 73.317, 2.1049 (e)(3) Emission Limitation, Emission Mask
• 73.317, 2.1057, 2.1051 Emission Limits, Spurious Emissions at Antenna Terminal
• 73.317, 2.1057, 2.1053 Emission Limits, Field Strength of Spurious Emissions
This graph is based on average customer reports in some directions. Basically this shows the typical ranges really ever recorded. Most of the reports were radio station listeners that phoned, texted, WhatsApp etc. into the radio station programs operated by our customers. Range is very difficult to predict as there are many factors that effect it. More info on FM Transmission Range