5kW EIRP is an ideal power level for broadcasting to a large city, it can also typically reach up to 70 miles with excellent quality radios. With typical quality radios about half this range would be normal, say 35 miles. We can give more accurate predictions on range using satellite elevation data like this example on our Facebook page here
The transmitter power of this system is a straight, clean 1000 watts or 1kW. It's fully protected against over temperature and reflected power. in fact it will handle any level of reflected power at any phase angle for any length of time without damage. This is crucial for customers new to this in developing countries that make cable and antenna mistakes frequently. No matter how many antenna or cable faults there are, this transmitter will withstand them without any damage. Detailed information HERE
This is where the magic happens, this formiddalble 4 way antenna transforms the transmitter power by 5 times to
This package uses 130ft / 40mt of LMR400 antenna cable. The loss on this cable and plus the antenna gain actually results in an EIRP of 5400 watts, or 5.4kW EIRP.
|1||FM Stereo Driver with Audio Processing|
|1||1000W FM Power Amplifier|
|1||LMR400/600 40m /131ft Cables|
|1||All Other Connecting Cables|
|4||Broadband High Power Folded Dipole Antenna with Tower Mounting Clamps and RF Splitters|
The FM signal starts in the internal Veronica PLL which produces the super low noise and highly stable FM signal. You can find more info on this at in our 1W Exciter (PLL driver). Then the internal stereo coder and audio processor boards provide a loud and crisp audio signal on the listeners radio. If your more of an expert, you can if you want use an external processor such as Orban, Inovonics or PC generated MPX/RDS, the limiter and stereo coder we supply can be completely disabled.
We hereby declare that this equipment complies with;
• ETS 300384 European Telecommunications Harmonised Standard when used with an audio compressor limiter supplied and tested by Aareff
• EN 301489-11 V1.3.1 (2006-05) EMC Electromagnetic Compatibility when used with 1 meter AC mains cord supplied. If the installation engineer needs to extend this cord, this and the audio input cable should be no more than 3 meters in length to remain in compliance with EMC directive.
• 2006/95/EC Directive (2006-12) LVD Low Voltage Directive.
Equipment compliance is possible using equipment from and in conjunction from other manufacturers, but since this is beyond the control of Aareff Systems, Aareff Systems cannot or be expected to guarantee compliance in this situation.
The following list are the FCC technical requirements for FM broadcasting. We confirm and verify that this transmitter complies with the technical requirements.
47 CFR Chapter I Federal Communications Commission sections:
• 73.1560, 2.1046 RF Power
• 73.1545, 2.1055 Frequency Stability
• 73.317, 2.1049 (e)(3) Emission Limitation, Emission Mask
• 73.317, 2.1057, 2.1051 Emission Limits, Spurious Emissions at Antenna Terminal
• 73.317, 2.1057, 2.1053 Emission Limits, Field Strength of Spurious Emissions
This graph is based on average maximum customer reports in some directions. Basically this shows the maximum ranges really ever recorded. Most of the reports were radio station listeners that phoned, texted, WhatsApp etc. into the radio station programs operated by our customers.